FOUNDATION REQUEST OVERVIEW & GUIDELINES
As the philanthropic arm of Permobil, the Permobil Foundation believes that regardless of disability, everyone deserves a chance to reach their dreams without limitations. No person should be excluded from opportunity due to a disability. Independent mobility is a basic human right. This is the heart of why Permobil Cares.
We offer valuable support and financial assistance to organizations and agencies that improve the quality of life for all individuals with mobility limitations. The Permobil Foundation provides several areas of support at a local, regional and national level:
- Sponsorship for events (such as walks, galas, golf tournaments)
- Grant funding (program based needs and scholarships)
- Employee engagement (volunteer opportunities for employees)
- In-kind donations (advanced rehab mobility solutions and accessories)
The Foundation prefers to make contributions that will have a significant and lasting impact on a group/organization as well as its community. The Foundation places special emphasis on assisting results-oriented organizations that focus on enhancing the quality of life of individuals with disabilities. The Foundation Board of Directors has the ultimate discretion and may give final approval for any funding outside of these guidelines.
The Permobil Foundation Board of Directors meet once a month to consider donation, sponsorship, and grant requests. All applicants will be notified of the status of funding their application after the monthly board meeting. Applications are due by the 20th of each month (no exceptions). All event sponsorship request must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the event.
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Proposals may, at the discretion of the Permobil Foundation and the Board of Directors, be either fully funded, partially funded, declined, or the organization may be asked to resubmit and provide additional information. Funding for capital expenditures, ongoing expenses and salaries are not an approved use of funds. Please note that in-kind product donations are limited and are only given at the discretion of the Permobil Foundation and the Board of Directors.
The Permobil Foundation’s fiscal year is on the calendar year. The Board of Directors make their decision based on findings and recommendations prepared for them by the Foundation staff. The Foundation requests that only one application be submitted during a twelve-month period.
SPONSORSHIP & GRANT REQUESTS:
Recommendations for funding include consideration of:
- Relationship to Permobil and Permobil employee(s)
- Alignment with Permobil Foundation mission/strategies
- Critical need in the community
- History and/or relationship with organization (board service, volunteer involvement, etc.)
- Organization’s budget needs
- Completion of application
How to apply for sponsorship & grants:
The following must be included in your proposal for your application to be considered:
- Complete Sponsorship & Grant Application CLICK HERE
- Written narrative of your request including itemized budget of proposal and all levels of sponsorship opportunities (limit 3 pages)
- Copy of 501(C)(3)
- Current form 990 or financial statement
- Board of Directors
Organizations that receive funding greater than $10,000 will be asked to submit outcomes (return on investment packet) along with impact stories that relate to the donation from the Permobil Foundation. The purpose of this request is to share with the Permobil employees how Permobil Foundation is impacting the communities where we live as well as identify ways that we can enhance long-term partnerships.
Please notify the Permobil Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org of any publicity surrounding awarded funding and donations. The inclusion of Permobil Foundation in a listing of annual supporters is appreciated. Mail to: Permobil Foundation: 300 Duke Drive · Lebanon, TN 37090
IN-KIND DONATION REQUESTS:
Recommendations for product and accessory donations include consideration of:
- Critical need of individual/client
- Completion of in-kind product application (including client signature)
- All insurance options/appeals have been submitted and denied prior to submission of application
- Alignment with Permobil Foundation mission
- Quote number from a dealer
- Dealer must agree to partner with the Foundation to provide support/service on the donated parts/chair. Additionally dealers should note that future requests of parts from donated chairs must be resubmitted as a new application for each client.
- If requested client agrees to share how the donation of the chair/parts impacted their life
To apply for in-kind product donations:
VOLUNTEER/EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT REQUESTS:
Permobil highly encourages volunteerism and community engagement through the Permobil Foundation volunteer initiative. Regardless of disability, everyone deserves a chance to reach their dreams without limitations and this is the heart of what Permobil believes. Through community service projects Permobil employees can give back to local communities, organizations and individuals that we serve. To submit a volunteer request please email email@example.com with details of the event/project, location, and how many employees you are requesting to volunteer.
Calling all Tennessee Titans fans…Here’s your chance to win tickets!
We will be giving away TWO FREE TICKETS to every home game in the accessible section 208! CLICK HERE to submit your request today!